This page contains the latest information on the project. Should you have further questions, require additional information materials or wish to contact or interview specific people, please do not hesitate to contact us.
With its two-dimensional braille tablet display, the HyperBraille research project is developing a kind of graphics-enabled laptop for blind and partially sighted users, and the software, application and browser filters required to control it. Simultaneous user tests and new training concepts aim to introduce visually impaired computer users to these new possibilities of interacting with the computer. HyperBraille is funded by the German Federal Ministry of Economics and Technology (BMWi); the funding provided amounts to 4.1 million euros. Find out more about our participating project partners.
You can download all press photos as a zip file here.
Previous press reports
- golem.de (05.05.2011)
- zdNET.de (05.05.11)
- schattenblick.de (06.05.11)
- DresdenEins (07.02.11)
- oe1.ORF.at, broadcast matrix – HyperBraille on the ICCHP: Computer & neue Medien
- ORF.at, broadcast futurezone – HyperBraille on the ICCHP: Barrierefrei durchs Internet
- Potsdamer Universitätszeitung
- Märkische Allgemeine
- Spiegel Online
- Heise Online
- Deutschlandfunk (also available in audio format)
- News Adhoc
- Informationsdienst Wissenschaft
- Technology Review Juli 2009 (S. 14): Display für Blinde